Up Home Again - the book itself, at last.


·        Up Home Again is the story of a woman who examines her haunting childhood in a beautiful place when she returns to Maine to resolve ongoing personal dilemmas.

The book I started in 2006, and finished in 2022, will make its debut as a real book in January 2023. Writing a memoir isn't easy; for me it became excruciating. Parts I and II have been done for a long time, but for the last bit, Part III, I had to pull myself together in order to do the same for my book. 

In 2004 I returned to Maine, my life eroded after cancer, divorce, bankruptcy, and then cancer again. In 2006, living alone and painfully lonely, I started this book in a memoir class at the Belfast (Maine) Senior College. For years I've said I'm writing a memoir. I tried lots of ways to finish it. New notebooks and pens, changing the way my desk faced, writing retreats, and writing other things including poetry - a lot of poetry. When my poetry manuscript started the process of publication, I mentioned that well, I have this memoir in progress, too. 

Now I'm proud to say my publisher North Country Press is following my poetry manuscript Breathe Here with my memoir Up Home Again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Open Courses

Make Your Own Adventure